Friday, May 09, 2008

How far ahead can you bank exercise?

Yesterday I had to walk to and from the car repair place, and I had a trip to the gym as well, so I hit over 15,000 steps on my pedometer.  Today the kids had a field trip (a hike and then Field Day -- I participated in the tug-of-war and in the sack race, which gets your heart pumping!, plus I was all over the site chasing after kids) and then I walked to and from downtown for happy hour (no WAY was I going to try to park downtown -- it's graduation night) so I'm approaching 16,000 steps on my pedometer without even having made it to the gym.  On a typical gym day I barely top 10,000!  So I'm more than a day ahead at this point -- or maybe it's more like I'm still many years behind.  Hmmm.  Except for these two days I haven't been that active this week, so I guess I can't bank these for Mother's Day.  Oh, well.

Yesterday I counted calories.  Mary made brownies on Wednesday so I had small brownies at mid-morning, after lunch, and after dinner.  That bumped my calories up rather dramatically!  I need to remember to keep my small dessert to ONE a day, not three, and not to snack otherwise.  I was around 1800 for the day.  Today I haven't counted (too weird of a day) but I suspect I wouldn't like the number any better.  And yesterday I felt like I wasn't really eating all that much -- no wonder my weight goes up when I don't exercise!

No comments: