Friday, May 30, 2008

My new favorite

OK - I said that I had ordered two new cookbooks (Baking with Agave Necter and Super Natural Cooking), since I ordered those books, Super Natural Cooking seems to be referenced EVERY time I look something up. OK, yes, my searches seem to be somewhat limited lately - but not really. The other day I was trying to track down a recipe for Black Bean Brownies (I made them years before and they were surprisingly good) and it directed me to this website, which is done by the author of Super Natural Cooking, where she was referrencing Baking with Agave Nectar. So, I have been cruising her website, and it is just so neat. Someone explain to me this combination of cooking and photography. Is it just me? Is everyone else coming across the same sorts of websites? I mean - Pioneer Woman, 101 Cookbooks, and Afrikakelli to name a few. I like the combination. It is like interactive cookbooks.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I was intrigued by the idea of black bean brownies, so I went to the website and printed out the recipe. I have to make dinner for a gluten-intolerant friend in a week or two, so I thought I would try these out on my own family first and then (if they're decent) make them for hers. I hope they taste good and not weird!

Amy said...

The ones I made before were pretty good. Keep in mind that whenever you make weird food you can't expect it to be what you are used to. I know YOU know that - but if your kids reject black bean brownies don't assume your gluten free friend will reject them too. It is a great way to sneak fiber and protein into your diet. Maybe don't tell your kids they are brownies. Maybe make up a different name...