Friday, May 16, 2008

Helllooooooo!

I am happy to report that my semester is nearly complete; I just have to grade a ton of papers by Tuesday at 10 am. NO PROBLEM. Really.

Today is my first day in my "new" office; I asked to be moved to our downtown location in the World Trade Center, and my boss allowed it. Not that he had much choice; I did let him know that I currently have a sweet offer on the table from BGE and that I would be so much happier in the city. Which is really true. Even though I was soaking wet and freezing when I finally made it to the office this morning, I have walked more today than an entire week of being in the office in the 'burbs. I really don't like working in Hunt Valley. So I am sitting here today in my window office on the 25th floor looking out over the harbor at the Science Center and Federal Hill, and I am seriously looking forward to spending my lunch hours walking the promenade or maybe even heading up the street to downtown Brick Bodies.

My health hasn't been too good lately and unless you count running to the bathroom, I have not been exercising. I am on an antibiotic that really bothers my stomach, but it is almost over and it seems to be doing its job.

I have gained so much weight in the last year that I have been out in Hunt Valley it is just awful. I weighed in at 179.6 this morning, and I know last year at this time I was in the low 150s. And that weight is actually down from what it was because I have been sick. HORRIBLE. However, I am looking forward to the mobile lifestyle the move to the city is presenting to me, and I am taking full advantage of it.

And Sarah--those people who would do anything if they had the opportunity simply have broader horizons. We have a trip booked for January to go to Egypt and a lady at work said "Why would you go there?" I didn't even answer because there really is such a thing as a dumb question. And when in the same conversation I told her I'd go back to India in a heart beat, she was shocked. "Why would you go to the same place TWICE?" I felt like saying DUDE YOU GO TO OCEAN CITY TWICE EVERY YEAR.



We're also head to NYC to see theYankees play and to tour the stadium before they blow it up. And I think we're headed to Nashville for what will become our 2nd annual 7/17 trip.

2 comments:

Amy said...

YAY! Welcome Back JULIE!! I have missed you. I was JUST thinking about you. I have a bag of Stampin Up stuff that you ordered like a 1000 years ago - and now you are no longer here for me to give it to you. Call me when you are done for a bit and we can get together.

Emily said...

Julie!! I'm glad you're here. And LOL about the Ocean City thing -- some people just don't get it!