Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday

I'm on my third day of not eating between meals and I can't decide if today is worse or better because of all I have to do. Normally being busy is good because it distracts me from the snacking, but today I had to go grocery shopping as the last part of my morning, and then immediately thereafter started an afternoon of cooking and baking. I'm taking dinner to a friend so I've been cooking that and making dessert (brownies) for her, and Alexander's birthday party is tomorrow so I just had to make a cake for that. OTOH, I was eating lunch when I started and now I'm not actually hungry, so that helps.

The worst part of yesterday was not eating when I was home for the evening. I had to go out right after dinner (good) but was back shortly after 9 and didn't go to bed until well past midnight (stupid Olympic skating!) and since I'd eaten just after 6 I was ravenous. I drank tea and that helped a bit. But tonight I don't even have the distraction of going out, so I'm going to have to find some way to distract myself. I suppose there's always exercise -- Fridays I can't usually find the opportunity (unless we have a sitter and I walk downtown to meet Daniel, but until basketball season is over my sitter is occupied), but tonight Daniel has dinner out with a visitor (fish sticks for the kids for dinner -- I should have thought to pick up the grown-up version, those frozen fish fillets!) so I'll be on my own for a while. Hmm. It's a thought.

Back to the cooking and the food prep! What are y'all working on, health/diet/fitness-wise? And who has checked in today?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I checked in!

I did the Lenten Fast thing several years ago and I found it to be VERY difficult, not the not eating part, but the eating structured meals - which as you know has always been my problem.