Thursday, February 25, 2010

A lower number!

I know I shouldn't care about individual fluctuations, but my weight dipped downward on the scale today. I've been in such a rut on my weight since New Year's that it's nice to know that the scale is capable of showing any other number.

I counted calories yesterday and struggled to stay close to my limit. The day before I should have been counting but didn't, and I know it would have been bad (I retroactively started putting the foods in yesterday and discovered that the ice cream alone was 2/3 of my calories for the day. Ouch). Getting that number on the scale today provides a nice motivation, when I haven't been excited about dieting in months.

Despite my car refusing to take me to the gym yesterday (it decided it wanted a new battery instead), I did get a little exercise; since I was already in my clothes and feeling a bit silly for being in them but not being sweaty, I did the 15-minute Walk Away the Pounds with-weights video. (I also paced around a lot while watching the Olympics so that I could get my step count up some more -- I hit 8400 by the end of the day.) Since I'd just done Nautilus for my upper body on Tuesday that meant I wound up with very sore arms today, which is bad because Thursday is my BodyStep day and we use our arms a lot. OTOH, the last time I went in there with an injured arm (actually an annoyance in my right shoulder blade) it shook out the last of the awkwardness, so maybe the class will work out the stiffness from the exercise, and then I'll just take it easy on the push-ups at the end so as not to cause muscle strain.

No comments: