Saturday, February 27, 2010

I almost forgot to check in!

But it's Saturday and apparently nobody else visited, either, or at least nobody else posted, which would violate the challenge. I drove with the kids to the south end of Georgia today to join Daniel at his conference, so I spent 8 hours in the car. Rah. But we stopped at McDonald's for lunch and I only had the fruit 'n' yogurt parfait (it's on the dessert menu, I believe, but it's relatively healthy) plus about six French fries. And I ate fairly healthy on my snacks in the car, too -- I resisted the Girl Scout cookies and over the course of the drive ate a handful of pretzels, 1/2 serving of almonds, a banana, and a couple of grapes. I didn't do so well at dinner; Daniel had a conference banquet to go to, so the kids and I were on our own and we didn't feel like going out when we'd just arrived, so we ordered pizza. If I'd stuck to only two slices I would have been fine. Or if I'd left Daniel's bag of Doritos alone I'd just have come in under the limit for my calories for the day. But I didn't and I didn't, so I'm slightly over. But I also paced around the room while the kids were settling down to bed and managed to get my step count up to 7700, from about half that, so surely that had to help, and all told I didn't do THAT badly. I so don't want to get home from this trip and find I've completely undone the work I started this week. I was just getting enthused about the diet. This is a terrible time for a trip!

1 comment:

Amy said...

7700 steps on a day when you spent so long in the car is REALLY GOOD! I am impressed.