Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm not good at not fasting

It's not that I'm inclined not to eat -- it's that if I don't go cold-turkey I don't have good restraint. WHY is it so hard to listen to my body and feed it only when it's hungry? I didn't count calories yesterday (good thing, too, because we went to ColdStone to use Alexander's coupon and I did NOT take the "sinless raspberry sorbet" or any other such nonsense) but today I am, and I'm not loving the numbers -- I'm going to have to show a lot more restraint this evening than I did this morning if I want to keep my calorie intake at the right level. I've always thought it would be so much easier if I could give up food entirely. I don't like how I feel when I don't eat when I need to, but I can eat nothing at all much more easily than I can eat just a SMALL serving of something. Today the pretzels came out at about 11 am -- the kids were hungry but it wasn't lunch time -- and instead of eating the half serving I planned to, I ate a whole serving (and didn't count very carefully -- it could have been more) and then ate a whole serving of almonds as well (I usually eat three one-third servings throughout the day instead of all at once) when I wasn't hungry at all.

I bought salmon for dinner tonight. I love salmon because even if I eat a fair amount it's very low in calorie and extremely healthy. So maybe I have a chance of surviving dinner with my diet somewhat intact.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree! I would have far fewer problems giving up food full stop than "cutting back" or "making wise choices!" None is WAY easier than some!