Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hmmm...

I check the blog every so often too, but I am usually too annoyed with myself to post anything. I am up a net 33 lbs from where I was when we started back in 2005; the situation is actually worse than that because I was down to the 150s in mid 2007 and totally, utterly and embarassingly trashed myself after that.

I've been having issues with plantar fasciitis in both feet for the better part of a year now, with my right foot being REALLY severe. I paid $1 million for a pair of shoes and they are making a difference. This was after paying $2 million at the doctor for a pair of inserts that I think someone cut out of a cutting board. They are so hard! The way my feet rub on them makes my heel numb. So I bought the Dansko shoes at the old lady shoe store and I am better, but definitely not cured or anything.

I have been inconsistently exercising since Christmas time. I was doing well in January, but then school started Feb 1 and I can't find a routine that works. Add in the ridiculous snowfall, and I am just a disaster with organization. I still haven't bought a 2010 calendar, and it is only a matter of time until catastrophe strikes because of that.

I am pretty unhappy with how I have handled myself over the last few years. I find that I am still putting everything ahead of my own health/well being, and I have to break through that mental barrier that says it is not ok for me to go to the gym instead of cleaning the house, getting the laundry done, tweaking my lecture for class, etc. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that. Any suggestions are welcome.

Emily--how do I add the blog to an RSS feed?

Amy--Let me know if you still have your Brick Bodies membership. I like the Bodyflow class on Wednesday nights at 7:30 in Reisterstown and my friend Amanda & I go to either Reisterstown or Owings Mills to use the machines. Our issue is that she likes to go at like 6-6:30 pm, and I either want to go early (5ish) or later (8:30ish.)

Hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Julie, according to the blogspot documentation the URL for the RSS is http://bunchoflosers.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default . I have no idea if this is correct -- I set up the RSS feed to my Google homepage and my email reader so long ago that I don't know for sure how I did it, and I can't get either one to tell me where it's getting it from! So I hope that works!

Julie S said...

Thanks for the URL--it does work. But I added into Yahoo and with their reader you can't see who posted or any comments, so I imagine I'll stick to old school style checking.