Friday, February 26, 2010

Spicy tofu

In honor of Brian's impending employment, and our consequent impending non-relationship (both at work all day, he in class Monday - Wednesday evenings until 10 or 11, me in scouts Thursday evenings and often Friday/Saturday as well = we don't see each other again until June!) we decided to go out for lunch today. We should have done this yesterday or any other day than today, because eating out on Fridays in Lent is just no fun if you don't like seafood. We ended up at P.F. Changs because their vegetarian choices are better than most, and I ordered a spicy tofu and broccoli dish. The good thing about tofu is that it's good for you and relatively low calorie. The other good thing about it when you're dieting is that it is kind of like eating flavorless jello, so you're not tempted to overeat. Add to that a really spicy sauce that had me sweating by the third bite, and the end result is that in spite of eating out for lunch today, I probably took in no more calories than I usually do (nutritional info on their website says I ate about 400 calories).

OTOH, going out for lunch means NOT going to the gym today, which means I only got to the gym once this week. OTOOH (on the other OTHER hand, or should that be OTFH - on the first hand), I was down a little over a pound this week, to 151 even. It's not great, but at least it's going the right direction.

No comments: