Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No more fasting for me

So last night the headache started in again, and by this morning two hours after breakfast it was coming back. I haven't had a hint of caffeine in almost a week, so I can rule that out. At this point I'm having to wonder if I'm clinically hypoglycemic! (My midwife (I saw her in September for my annual) wasn't surprised that I had had lowish blood sugar during one test I had a decade ago -- she said even though PCOS is often tied to diabetes it's really entangled with any blood sugar irregularities.) Whether I am or not, I couldn't even make it through a week of fasting except at mealtimes -- how did people do it pre-Vatican II?

I weighed in at 154 today (it's Tuesday, so I feel like I should say) which is still in the same range as before this weeklong experiment, so I can't tell that the fasting is making any difference in my weight, either. Looks like it's back to counting calories for me.

I'm having fun finding so many posts on here every day! Yesterday I didn't post at all -- I had nothing new to say, and there were SO many others! Hooray!

No comments: