Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hibernation station

Ugh. If this could be a one word post "ugh" would do it.

I had a pretty good December. I made it a point to exercise daily up until Christmas and then my routine turned intermittent.

Right now I'm loaded with a pack of excuses and I'm not happy about it. My brother moved up in early January then the bad weather hit and hit and hit. I have been freelancing and working several little jobs. I started my food blog and continued to job hunt. I simply have had trouble establishing a routine and working within what I was doing. Granted it was a chaotic couple of months but I could've been more aggressive with my scheduling.

I've managed a few workouts here and there and I use my time commuting running my Metro escalators and enjoying the walk from whatever parking space I find near the train.

But mostly I've been hibernating. I know that should mean I eat and eat and store up fat to sleep all winter instead of just eat and eat and eat all winter. Actually though I didn't overdo it during the snow --- I cooked relatively healthy food but really wasn't getting in any exercise.

It seems I'll be starting a new job soon and I hope to get rooted in a schedule that will provide me the opportunity to exercise. I will ensure that it will.

So bring on the sunshine and warm temperatures that I hope will motivate me as we move into spring ... one day soon.

No comments: