Friday, March 28, 2008

Healthy lifestyle

Do you ever feel like you can't keep up with all the things you're supposed to do to maintain yourself? Sometimes just flossing my teeth seems like too much effort, but add that to exercising daily, eating a zillion servings of fruits and vegetables, avoiding trans-fats, composting and recycling, spending quality time with your family, meeting your deadlines, volunteering for charities, keeping up with the news, pursuing an interesting hobby, ..... No wonder people watch American Idol! Their brains need a break.

And then this week's news: belly fat in your 40s leads to demetia in old age! Whoopee! I've got a year to get rid of my belly fat.

This has been a particularly stressful week at work and home (oh yeah: avoid stress--it leads to more belly fat) with multiple insane deadlines and the kids home for spring break, which means I've been trying to meet my deadlines AND get home early so Brian can sleep. I managed it yesterday, but won't today so he's just not going to sleep (oh yeah: get 8 hours of sleep. That never happens in my life), and then tomorrow we're going down to DC so he's not going to sleep then, and then Sunday is the Laurie Berkner concert so he won't sleep then either. This probably isn't healthy. He'll manage a few hours here and there, but not enough. What's keeping me going is jelly beans and blessed, blessed coffee. Also probably not healthy, but at least I've managed exercise daily, lots of fruits and vegetables (mostly vegetables--we've had three big salads to get rid of), and flossing daily. So there. I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday and don't plan to until next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Well at least you have a longer timetable than I do. The clock is ticking.
What I find interesting, being a single person and all, is how much crap I have to do whether it be laundry, empty the dishwasher, grocery shop, vacuum, take out trash, pay bills, whatever. I think that if I had kids I'd either become more efficient or need more hours to take care of life maintenance. Or it just wouldn't get done. Probably that one. I also sometimes wonder how much time I waste trying to organize myself to get organized. haha
But somehow most of the "stuff" gets done as done the eating healthy and exercising but, yes, I'm sometimes not sure how it all fits into 24-hour days.