Friday, March 28, 2008

That can't be right

A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out, as good for nothing. Samuel Johnson (1709-84).

My weight was down a full pound today to 230.2. This is after a very unenthusiastic week of exercise (I have only been twice so far) and REALLY uninspired eating (a LOT of refined sugar in the form of Easter candy...). I have been really unenergetic all week and I have been blaming it on the sugar I have been eating - but today I feel worse than I have all week and I haven't had ANY sugar yet!! So I don't know. I really had a hard time getting myself to the gym last night. I was sitting on my bed at 9:30 last night with my PJs on one side and my exercise clothes on the other (devil/angel). I finally just put my exercise clothes on and went to the gym. I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill (although I only put the incline at 6 instead of 7 - I am SURE it wasn't that big of a difference, but I felt better about it). Then I did 108 crunches on the abs machine and THAT was it. I did raise the weight on the abs machine up 10 pounds about halfway through...

Katie and I are doing Let's Dish tonight. We haven't been since December - but we couldn't eat a lot of what we did have during Lent since we gave up meat. We are mostly down to just soups left anyway - and they are great for lunch - but entirely unsatisfying for dinner - unless you slap on a fat piece of garlic bread - which is never a good idea (except the garlic - garlic is good for you). We had to rush to get this session in tonight, because the April menu doesn't look too good - and May is too far away. So we are going tonight at 5:30.

No comments: