Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2,152.4

Obviously that is not my weight but after Easter I felt like it could be edging toward a ton.
Getting sick a few weeks back set me back about two weeks. At that point I just decided it was easier to wait until Easter to refocus my efforts. Thank goodness Easter was early.
I didn't really go WAY off the track but I did consume too much sugar over the past few weeks.
I don't think I've gained any but instead of the six-pack abs I desire, my waist looks more like someone stuck a six pack under my shirt. Nice.
I didn't really eat much candy on Easter but I grazed and even though I wasn't ever really FULL I just felt kinda gross at the end of the day.
So Easter, I love ya but am glad you're gone.
I'm really excited about warmer weather to get out and ride my bike and do more hiking, etc. I'm still at southern girl when it comes to the cold so I keep my workouts indoors.
So I'm getting back on my bike trainer (great investment) and am going to redo the last couple of weeks of my strict exercise routine with dumbbells. Unless I want to use a treadmill, I can do most of my workouts at home, which actually motivates me more. It's hard to walk past my bike parked in the dining room without thinking: Maybe I should get my fat butt on that thing.
So back to it.
You know Amy, I rarely *cook* a meal. I usually bake three chicken breasts (I keep a bunch frozen) on Sunday night then build three salads (takes about 30 minutes at most) and put everything in the fridge. When I come home each night there's a salad waiting. I just add chicken and cheese and anything else that might not be great sitting on a salad for a couple of days. I bought three round plastic (almost disposable containers) so I keep my portions similar. Or if I want chicken and rice I can just cook up the rice and toss in some chicken.
As the weather gets warmer I'll grill the chicken.
But it's so much easier to have something ready to go, especially if you want to eat before you go to the gym. When I get home I'm just not in the mood to cook most of the time so I try to make it easier on myself.
So let's welcome the warm weather and shed a few pounds. Yay!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I totally agree. Katie and I do Let's Dish - which is basically the same thing, prepped dishes just needing the final stages of cooking (as long as we remember to thaw it in advance). Neither Katie nor I care for chicken - so we do more seafood and vegetarian choices. I also can't eat lettuce. Or I CAN - but it is more effective just for me to dump the lettuce straight into the toilet - cut out the middleman, so to speak. I can't digest lettuce. I am not sure why... I actually enjoy cooking. I have a couple of great cookbooks designed for cooking for one or two people. I am fine if I have planned something in advance, but since Katie moved in with me I have gotten bad about planning in advance. We have decided that until she starts having kids she will just continue having dinner with me since Charles works so late most nights. So that should buy me a few more years before I have to worry...

Vicki said...

That's too bad you don't really like chicken and your belly doesn't like lettuce. I'm not sure how I would've lost the weight without salads and chicken. I say that because they are SO easy, thus making my life less of a hassle when I've got to seek out high protein foods and a variety of veggies.
In the summer I love salmon, some shrimp and scallops, oh, and halibut when Wegman's brings all the good stuff in wild from Alaska.
I'm really surprised I haven't gotten tired of eating variations of the same thing. But I make *really* good salads now that are so delish I actually look forward to making/eating them.
But if you have your own personal cook then why worry?! ;-)

Amy said...

I don't mind not liking chicken. As far as I am concerned it is uninspired so I am GLAD I don't like it. 8-) I would be much worse off if I didn't like seafood. That is so good for you - but I can understand why some people don't like it. It is very distinct.