Tuesday, March 25, 2008

That can't be right!

I was 141.2 this morning! More than two pounds in one week? And the thing is, I can't really blame Easter. I overate on Easter, but my weight had been going up all week since last week's 138.8. On Saturday morning I was 140.8; yesterday I was 141.4. And this in spite of staying active all last week and watching what I ate (except for one day when Brian and I went out to eat and I had a cheeseburger for lunch). So I don't know what's up. Maybe the activity at work increases my metabolism more than I'm aware of, or maybe I'm retaining water, or maybe I was more of a pig than I give myself credit for last week. In any event, there's nothing to be done except to stick with the current plan.

One of my favorite machines at the gym disappeared. Earlier this semester they got a machine that was a much more high tech elliptical machine than the others--you could set the resistance on the arms and legs separately and it had multiple hand positions to work different parts of your arms. I'm so used to our Charlie Brown equipment--the cheapest stuff available and most of it donated--that this was a breath of fresh air. It was great, but apparently we just had it on trial and now it's gone. So sad.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

You and Emily are gaining at the same rate ... hmmmm. Interesting.