Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Divorced, beheaded, died...

Whenever I have a list of six or seven items in my head, I always start to think divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. So my list has been exercise the past few days - Lower, Upper, Abs, Lower, Upper, Abs, Yoga. Then today it struck me funny how appropriate it was for exercise - Well, at least the upper landing on beheaded - and the yoga should land on survived - but there are seven days in the week, and only six wives. I am already thrown off though. I was thinking that Yoga should land on my day of rest - which should either be Wednesday or a weekend day - but, it is too easy for me to get to the gym on my days off - and not so easy during the week. I went last night at 10pm. I had planned to go at 9, but got involved on hooking up a wireless router so Laura can access the internet on her laptop. (Which, BTW Emily, never did work - the set up disc kept stalling at different steps - but I at least figured out that Verizon DOES have PPPoE and what my account is...I will try again tonight.)

This morning Katie and I had Gluten Free waffles for breakfast with yogurt and strawberries. I made syrup with the agave and a drop of maple extract. It tasted JUST like maple syrup. I was so darn smug. I was telling Katie that I remember when I was doing Atkins (ugh! NEVER do Atkins!) and eating Splenda (ugh! Never eat Splenda!) that I think our bodies are smarter than we give them credit for. When food tastes sweet - but is sweetened with non sugar - you can tell the difference. Or I can anyway. We talk about a sugar rush - not thinking that it really is an actual response to a substance. It would be the same as drinking a non-alcoholic beer. Sure, you don't get drunk after one beer, but your body does respond to the alcohol. If you try to trick yourself into thinking you are drinking beer - but aren't - your body would be saying "hey! did you forget something?" That is how I always felt eating Splenda, I could TELL (I mean besides it tasting like crap!) that something was missing. I can tell the same thing with the agave - but it tastes SO much better that it doesn't bother me.

No comments: