Thursday, March 20, 2008

Handy Girls

Katie and I were so spiff yesterday! It seems that in the past week several items in our house broke - including the downstairs toilet. So yesterday we fixed them all. The toilet was the most challenging - and I can only take credit for figuring out what was wrong and how to fix it (oh - and buying the stuff needed to do the repairs). Katie did the actual labor of that while I cooked dinner. I took pictures - plumber crack and all! We also fixed the pull chain on the overhead light in the living room. That involved actually getting inside where the wires were and figuring out how to spool up the chain again. Once we got it so the light was on we took off the chain, so it wouldn't pull out again - which means now if we have the fan on the light also has to be on.

Anyway - We felt good and productive. I also gave the upstairs bathroom a good, thorough cleaning just in case we couldn't fix the downstairs toilet and everyone would have to use the upstairs bathroom. That doesn't have to happen - but at least it is all clean now anyway.

We also both had dentist appointments yesterday. Mine ended up taking an hour instead of half and when all was said and done, nothing happened. This was just to replace my temp crown with the regular one - but, for some reason, the regular crown wasn't making good contact with my gum - so after much poking and proding Dr. Behar ended up saying that he was going to have to take a new impression and get them to make another crown. THAT is supposed to happen on April 2nd (unless another time slot opens up) and then I will have to wait another month to get the real crown in. Sigh. This has been the biggest ordeal. I don't know why. The previous crowns I have gotten have gone so smoothly.

I went to the gym again last night - but I didn't go Tuesday night. There was a reason - but I can't remember what it was now. Oh! Yes I do. I didn't leave work until about 8:30pm - and so by the time we finished eating dinner it was almost 10pm. I normally go to the gym at 10pm - but that is after dinner has digested for about an hour or so. Anyway - so I did my upperbody again last night. I was doing the tricept machine. Usually I set that at about 25 pounds. Last night it was feeling VERY difficult after the first round - and so I checked the weights again and realized I had been doing it at 55 pounds!!!! I can't believe I completed a whole set at 55! Of course, my legs and back were getting into the act more than they should have been. So today my arms are sore. More around my arm pits than I would expect though. I also have a big bruise on my left elbow. When we were leaving the store last night the door swung back much harder and faster than either of us expected, and caught on my elbow. It hurt at the time - but I didn't think it was THAT bad - but there is a big purple bruise there this morning.

No comments: