Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Poor Charlotte

And her boiler's to be had out!

I am turning into Poor Charlotte! OK - After my previous rant I decided that tonight would be a good night to order panty hose since mine are shot and Easter is coming up. I have been wearing Q size panty hose pretty much ever since I got to be as tall as I am. I suppose briefly I was still wearing size B, but then I discovered - even before I got fat! that the Q pantyhose actually come up past mid-hip on me. It was a revelation. Anyway - so I was considering ordering Hanes hose this time around (I usually get L'eggs because they seem to be tougher and last through more than one wearing - sometimes). So I decided to look on the Hanes sizing chart. I WASN'T EVEN ON IT! Apparently, I can only wear Hanes at 5'8 if I weight 155 or less. So, I checked L'eggs - I can weigh as much as 180 on their charts. So I did their perfect hosiery
finder search. That brought me to Plus size pantyhose. On THOSE charts - being 5'8" I have to wear a 3X - on both the Hanes AND the JMS!!! THREE EX!!!! That was the size of pants that the enormous woman who ran the East Hampton Historic Society wore. She left a pair at the farm and Karla and I each got into one leg of them, because she wasn't very nice and so we were being mean behind her back. MY WHOLE BODY could fit in one of the pants legs when I was 22! I can't possibly be that big! I was SURE that woman (I can't remember her name - in addition to being mockingly fat, my memory is going - Poor Charlotte!) weighed AT LEAST three hundred pounds!

No comments: