Monday, March 17, 2008

I like treadmills

Or rather, I prefer treadmills to running outside in unpleasant weather. With the college closed this week and me determined to stick to my regularly scheduled exercise, I went running this morning after getting the kids on the bus. And it was COLD! It was 30 degrees when I checked the temperature at 7:30. I left the house about an hour later so maybe the temperature was up to 33 or 34. Right now it says it's 37 degrees but feels like 29 with the wind chill. And it was windy out there too. Not terrible, but it was a headwind heading out (the slightly uphill portion of the run), so I enjoyed the tailwind on the way home. And at least I got to give my Underarmor a chance to show what it's good for (it's a long sleeved shirt and since I just don't exercise outdoors in the cold I never had a chance to use it before). Nice stuff. And I guess it's like that old joke about eating a live toad every morning when you get up to ensure that nothing worse happens to you for the rest of the day--now that my cold run is over, I don't have to dread anything else today.

No comments: