Monday, March 17, 2008

Cotton Candy = AMAZING Restraint

Claire and I went to the circus yesterday. It was SO much fun!! I took 590 pictures - which I am narrowing down to 100 or so and posting on my smugmug - I got some good ones. Claire liked the dogs best, I likes the elephants. Hummmmmmmm.

Anyway - so we bought a bag of cotton candy when we first got there. It was all white - which I thought was kind of odd but neat. Anyway - since I have been doing pretty good on my reduced sugar quest I decided NOT to eat any... and was doing JUST fine, until Claire said "Here AA, you can have the last bite of cotton candy." First - how selfless is THAT!? What kid voluntarily gives up the last of a treat? Secondly, I am not good at saying no when someone (especially a child) offers something special. So, I said "I will have a piece, but you can have most of it." That worked out well. IT WAS VANILLA! I think it was the best cotton candy I had ever tasted. I am really glad I didn't try it sooner or I would have eaten it all!! YUM! Then, during intermission I bought popcorn which Claire and I shared and then had extra leftover. We were surrounded by a bunch of people all eating French fries, hot dogs, pizza, soft pretzels, etc. I don't know where they get their money from because the cotton candy (normally around $3) was $12 and the popcorn (normally around $4) was $7!! I can't begin to think how much the hot dogs cost!!

So, I went to the gym on Saturday after church - which meant it was around 6pm. I got a decent work out - and then Katie had dinner almost ready when I got home. It worked out beautifully. I didn't go on Friday night - but I DID get in five days between last Saturday and this past Friday, so I can cound Saturday as one day towards this week now. I didn't go yesterday. The gym closes at 7 on Sat and Sun, so I would have had to go before the circus, but I didn't manage to get my act together enough to do that yesterday. Oh well. I should be able to go pretty much anytime this week. I like that I discovered that I like working out late at night. The gym is open until 11pm M-Th (10pm on Friday). What is amazing to me is that there are more people at Brick Bodies at 10pm on a Tuesday night than there EVER were at Merritt in Cockeysville when I was there.

I have been having problems with my left ankle. I am not sure what is wrong, but it feels very sore and "grindy" on the upper outside edge of my foot. It isn't just when I am working out - or even just walking - It hurts when I am just sitting here and not putting any weight on it. I think it is actually WORST when I get out of the car after having driven somewhere. It is stiff as well as sore. I limp like a fat old lady for about 5 minutes. I don't think I did anything to it - so I am not sure why this started. It has been going on for a while now. Maybe it will get better as the weather gets warmer.

No comments: