Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Wow.

I almost didn't weigh myself this morning--I was rushing to get dressed to take mom and dad to the airport, and I was happy enough with yesterday's weight (137.8) that I was just going to report that. But I did get on the scale, and today I was down to 136.8. No idea how I dropped a pound in one day. And since I hadn't weighed myself at all since last week, I have no idea if yesterday's weight is about right or is a post-weekend high (which happens often) or if today's weight is about right or an inexplicable low.

The other thing I can't explain is why my back is killing me. Killing me like it does in late pregnancy or during labor--all over pain from my lower back down my legs and around my hips. It started late yesterday afternoon, then got worse while I was walking Davey last night, then was a bit better when I woke up this morning and now is back to being bad. I ran on the treadmill yesterday, but didn't do anything that would injure my back (plus it doesn't feel like an injury the way it's all over). I might just need new shoes--I guess I could get all over pain like this from running in worn out shoes, although it came up pretty suddenly if that's the case. In any event, I hope it stops soon because I can't imagine camping this weekend with my back feeling this way. Sleeping on the ground each night and walking all day each day--not fun!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh! That sounds like the pains I have been having off and on since last summer. I have decided that they are spasams - because heat relaxes them and it doesn't hurt so bad. Mine start out of the blue usually and it is generally when I am doing something non-strenuous - like loading the dishwasher or cooking. Doing a turtle stretch (sit on the floor with your legs tucked under you and stretch your arms out in front with your hands on the floor as far as you can) helps too. The sad thing is sitting is almost as hard on it as standing - but walking seems to help.