Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am an EXCELLENT planner...

And a TERRIBLE executer!

So yesterday I had all sorts of plans for my time after work. I needed to run some errands, do laundry, EXERCISE...and I guess I did ok overall. I ran the errands right after work, and when I got home I started into the house work. I got carried away with that though. I had only intended to get through the laundry, but instead I changed the sheets, vacuumed the bedspread (dog hair), repaired the bottom dresser drawer that's been having issues, put away all of the laundry that has been piling up for 2 weeks since the dresser drawer broke (because ONE drawer means you don't have to put ANYTHING away EVER), gathered all the dirty clothes, cleaned the kitchen, put away the dishes and reloaded the dish washer, made dinner, and got in 3 loads of laundry. Living with a fire fighter means there's all sorts of nasty filthy laundry to do that needs segregated from other laundry. So long story short, no exercise, but I am slightly closer to an organized life.

Some of you may gasp when I write this, as I'm also getting rid of a lot of my scrapbook/stamping supplies. Amy Mantay came over last night and took a ton of it for herself and her friend Candy, but there's a good deal left. I probably gave her upwards of $600 worth of stamps, paper and embellishments, but it just takes up space in my apartment and really has no value when no one uses it. I'm not sure that I am done forever, but if I do get back into keeping an album I am going to purchase what I need, when I need it instead of accumulating so much stuff again. I put together my 2007 "scrapbook" using iPhoto and I am really pleased with it overall. I have India started in iPhoto and in a traditional album. I'm not sure which avenue I am going to continue with at this point. I don't like the fact that it is over a year since my trip and it isn't done. Same with the Canada/New England cruise, although that one is really close to being finished.

I'm full of randomness today...my sister called to tell me my 21 year old nephew is getting married to his 22 year old girlfriend July 5 so he can be married 6 months before he goes to Iraq because he'll get married pay instead fo single pay. Hello????? Does she not see a problem with this? I think it is a ridiculous reason to get married.

ANYWAYS, today I plan to go home and exercise first, and then use any leftover energy to continue cleaning the house. I'll le tyou know how it goes :^)

No comments: