Tuesday, June 24, 2008

139.6

Not too happy with that, but not too surprised either. I've been living largely on a diet consisting of the potty training treats we got for Connor (heck, he isn't getting them!)--Pringles and Hershey's kisses. And no exercise, of course, unless you count walking him back and forth to the bathroom and cleaning up accidents all over the house. I'm glad we put off getting a new sofa.

And now the summer schedule starts, with every lunch break spent driving Claire home from Kids on Campus and NOT going to the gym. I've only been to the gym twice in the past three weeks, have only walked the dog once each of those weeks, and have been doing no exercise at home. When I get home, Brian goes to bed so he can get a few hours of sleep before heading off to work. I hate summer. But I do need to figure out some way to get some exercise around this schedule or I'll end up another five or ten pounds up by the time school starts again!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I guess this isn't a good time to challenge the two of us to get back down to 130 by Labor Day! Is it too long of a bike ride for you to drop Claire off at home and then ride your bike back to work in the middle of the day? Probably so. I can't imagine that you would be able to do all that and also eat. Good way to cut calories, though. (OK, not such a good way.)

Was it Sally Forth that had an entire office full of people fidgeting for a week to try to burn extra calories? Maybe that's what you need to do! ;-)

Sarah said...

I've considered that, but it would mean one less hour of sleep for Brian since I'd get home around 6:30 instead of 5:30. Since he only gets a few hours of sleep a day anyway, I'd hate to ask him to cut back more! Plus, it would make my lunch breaks something like two hours long. I don't think my boss would go for that.

I've read that fidgeters burn a lot of calories with their constant movement. Maybe I'll try that!