Monday, June 16, 2008

Gross Tea

OK - Rebecca made a tea for me that is supposed to help me retain iron during my period. It is shepherds purse, ladies mantle, cinnamon, licorice, and tienchi onseng. It smells SO GROSS!! I mean gross enough that I threw in a red tea bag to help kill the smell (didn't work). I finally got up the nerve to taste it - and it doesn't taste too bad... but the smell is SO GROSS. I have managed to take three sips and am now thinking I just need to chug the whole cup. I am supposed to drink this 2-4 times per day. Ugh.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Does it have to be hot? If not, then I'd say brew some up, chill it and chug it. As we used to say at Trinity -- drink 'er down.

Amy said...

LOL! I did think about the hot cold thing. It didn't smell as bad cold - but it tasted much worse. I did just toss it back that time (which was easier to do cold). I decided today that I would make it a smaller serving. Yesterday I did it in a normal mug - today I am going to try it in maybe half the water.