Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Light rail without AC--Boooooooo

I thought I was going to melt yesterday afternoon. I had walked about 2 miles in the 95+ degree heat (with my laptop) and as I was hoping for at least some relief when I got on the train there was NO air conditioning. So a train chock full of people and it was absolutely stifling. then the train stopped for the far inspector, which felt like it took an eternity, and then we stopped again to be transferred to another train because of the AC issue. My shirt felt like I had taken it right out of the washer and put it on without drying it first. It was nuts.

I didn't exercise yesterday because I went to Let's Dish and didn't get home until late because the thunderstorm knocked trees down and the trip home was an obstacle course. I drove to work today because of a meeting out at JMT later, and tonight we are going to some fancy (non walkable) place over by JHU for a friend's birthday. Tomorrow we get up and head to the beach, so my formal exercise and car avoidance are over until we get back Friday, when I am certain we will take the train to the baseball game.

No comments: