Tuesday, June 10, 2008

138.8

My weight is also up this week, but I'm not sure how much of that is from not exercising/eating too much and how much is retaining water. My toes look like vienna sausages.

I haven't been to the gym in over a week now because there's always something getting in the way--sick days (Connor again--big surprise), leaving midday for school stuff (school play today, volunteer tea last week), and just leaving early (for Encampment). On the other hand, I wish I'd had a pedometer over the weekend for Encampment. The troop leader ended up having to leave at noon on Saturday so I took over for her and had a trial by fire for next year's Junior troop. I lived through the experience, but I don't think I sat down the whole time. I had 18 first-through-third grade girls and had to get them all going in the same direction at the same time every half hour or so. I measured the distance from the parking area to our camp (.44 miles) and I know I did that route five times when we were arriving, then the equivalent at least 14 times on Saturday, then again seven times on Sunday. So I did a lot of walking, but all at an eight year old's pace. It was fun, but hot as blue blazes. We had one girl drop from heat exhaustion (o.k. she didn't literally drop, but she did have to be treated for heat exhaustion) and Claire managed to lose her water bottle by 10 a.m. on Saturday. She was lucky I was around with mine or else she might have passed out too.

No comments: