Thursday, June 05, 2008

So ... I've been meaning to write

Hello all,

I was out of town over Memorial Day weekend (Chicago) and since then have gotten sucked back into work, life and stuff.

But I'm all caught up with reading the blog and have really enjoyed some of the recent posts.

I started writing yesterday and got distracted ... figures. My cable and internet at home have been out for 24 hours but luckily I have my work computer and a wonderful little magical wireless card. So, here I am and let's get on with it.

1. I was in the Capitol yesterday when that storm hit. Capitol police actually came over the PA system and told us to stay away from windows etc. In my little Capitol work space we have no windows but about 20 reporters went bounding down to the press gallery office (at their invitation) to watch the storm roll up the Mall. It was amazing to watch. My commute home was a bear and, like I said earlier, I have no cable. So, instead, I'm writing blog posts. ha
The night before I went to see School for Scandal (Sheridan) at the Folger and got soaked on the hike back to my parking garage. The play was hysterical. There is a really good exhibit starting there featuring suits of armor ... for those who like armor. :-)

2. I love the idea of cycling and walking more. I wish I were in an area where I could do that. I could get on a bike trail that takes me all the way to work but it's more than 20 miles and there aren't showers in my office or the Capitol. But I am trying to drive off rush hour. Granted, I'm still driving but I'm trying to save some gas. Nothing else for me is really walking distance. I do have a shopping center across the street from me but I rarely go there. The Safeway is horrible and there aren't any other really appealing stores. Well, there is a Dairy Queen and with temps in the 90s this weekend I may have to stop by. :-)

3. I have gotten back into an exercise routine. I'm still trying to improve it so I'm doing something every day. But it's clear my running around the Capitol is beneficial. My cardio level on the bike isn't bad and I'm not sore from a wide array of bendy, stretchy and lifty exercises. So I guess that means I need more reps, weight and frequency My diet is good and my water consumption is back up at good levels. I'm hoping to head down to Shenandoah National Park this weekend to hike. I'm sure I can find a shady hike so I won't broil.

Keep up the good work ladies!!

No comments: