Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Frustratin' times

So it sounds like everyone is struggling a bit with exercise and diet. Get on board. 

For the past three weekends I have gone to Shenandoah National Park and done some good hikes. I've also been running around the Capitol building enough to even have a few sore muscles (marble staircases). But with Congress running on speed or crack or some other kind of accelerant my routine is get up, go to work, come home and try to salvage a couple of hours for mostly errands or chores but rarely exercise. And I don't have any kids! 

My food hasn't been horrible. During the week it's pretty healthy but I usually go off track a bit on the weekends. 
 
I mostly seem to be maintaining but I'd like to get back to a mental point where I'm ready to run the gauntlet, so to speak, and really push myself again. The hikes are great but I want to add more. The rainy weather hasn't helped much as far as being outdoors to bike ride or walk. Yesterday, two batches of storms went through, including one late in the day. 

I'm headed to Hilton Head for the weekend and know I will be walking the beach at least once a day so I'm looking forward to that exercise. 

But I commend "Mom" and "Dad" for walking to Mass. You do that for a week or so and you'll wonder what was so hard about it. You'll probably even start waking up because you "need" to do it. Maybe saying the Rosary would help with those hills. :-)

As far as potty training goes -- do you remember "Look Who's Talking" when the kid looks at the toilet and it's a hairyish monster who tells him to "pee pee" in him. I've got several friends in potty training mode and they've been finding that a beer or two or three (ha) helps ... you in the aftermath. 

Hmmm ... so well, maybe we should all focus on one thing to get back in the groove -- like trying to eat right. Generally I find I can control that because, well, I have to eat. 

Until next time gals. Keep up the good work!! 

No comments: