Friday, June 06, 2008

Foiled again!

So I declared on Tuesday I was going to take the train and walk, blah, blah, blah...well, EVERY DAY since something as messed that up for me. I forgot Wednesday that I had a drs appt in Towson at 4 pm, so that meant needing a car since I would have to have left for the train at like 2:30 to get back to my car and over to Towson by the appt, then yesterday I was ALL SET--I mean I even had the right cash for the ticket machine--and I had to attend a meeting at 8 am in Hunt Valley at the last minute. I left that and drove towards the MT Washington & Falls Rd stations figuring one of them had to have parking at 10 am, but then 83 was a disaster and I tried to take Falls and that was closed with trees down. So I gave up yesterday. Then today I've been sucked into another meeting that I have to drive to.

So next week...I have yet to look at my schedule to see where I have to be on which days, but I seem to recall at least 2 meetings that require driving. I may try to get those on the same day because I don't think they are right now.

I have been walking so much more, and even though my weight doesn't reflect it yet, my clothes already fit better. That is a huge relief because I REFUSED to buy a bigger size. I'm also getting ready to cancel my gym membership because we are getting a treadmill at home. I do so much better when the options are in my house. Once I am home it really takes a lot fo rme to go back out, and with the dog, I hate running a ton of errands right after work because I know he needs to pee. Oh--and Sarah--I totally agree wet dog has got to be one of the grossest smells out there. That and maybe when you can smell the stagnant water in a storm drain when you walk over the grate. That happens all the time downtown--there is a huge drain outside my building and when the weather gets really hot coupled with the fact that there is a steam pipe right next to it heating things up, I've discovered I can hold my breath for the light cycle to get across Pratt St.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh! Maybe you would want my treadmill. It is a pretty good one. I am sure you remember me going through the process of picking it out and buying it... I haven't used it (as predicted) in about 8 months or so. Before Christmas. However, I still feel like I got my money's worth because I used it as much as I would have used the gym in a year - and it cost about the same as that. So I figure I am at the break even point. If you want to come and at least check it out, let me know.

Julie S said...

Thanks for the offer! We acquired one in a similar manner. It is a hand me down.