Thursday, June 05, 2008

Let me tell you about dripping wet after a walk!

I took Davey out for his walk last night. About a third of the way into the walk I saw a storm off to the west, but it looked like it was heading mostly north so I figured I'd keep walking, and Davey wanted to keep going that direction anyway, so we did. And we did fine for another mile, at which point the wind really picked up. So we started jogging. If I had just cut a couple of corners on the route to shorten it, I would have been fine. Instead the rain hit when we were around Claire's school. Fortunately, that's just a few blocks away. Unfortunately, the rain was so heavy that I was soaked through to the skin by the time we got home. And is there any worse smell in the world than wet dog? Ugh.

That was all of my exercise yesterday. I took a sick day from work so I could sleep--the night before I went to bed at 1 a.m. after staying up cleaning off the computer desk, and then Connor woke up at 1:30. He went back to sleep at 6:30, so I figured that not only would it be impossible to wake him up for school, but that I needed sleep or I'd be no good at all at work. But this meant I missed the gym yesterday. I planned to go today, but my shoes were still soaking wet this morning. If they're still damp this evening I'll throw them in the dryer.

So instead of going to the gym today, I went to Target and got a lock, handlebar bag and water bottle cage for my bike. The handlebar bag is big enough for lunch and my wallet and phone, but not big enough to hold work clothes, so I'll have to bring some in to work to keep here on the days I plan to cycle. I need to get on the waiting list for a locker at the gym and then I could keep shower things and some clothes there.

No comments: