Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sweet

I love sweet. I think that is my problem. Forget lack of exercise or eating too much - I think I am just adicted to sugar. I can eat "healthy" food - as long as it leans towards the sweet. I like granola (dried fruit) I like cottage cheese (with fruit). I think I eat too much sweet. Of course, in my mind whole grain stuff tastes sweeter than processed flour - so I don't know what that is. I just finished eating a pack of VERY YUMMY granola -but I am sure it was horribly high in sugar (6 grams protein, 6 grams dietary fiber - Huh! Only 10grams of sugar... that actually isn't too bad considering the protein and fiber levels - it tasted sweeter). I still miss sugar in my coffee - although when I have it it always tastes too sweet now, unless it is iced coffee. When I was doing Atkins, or when I do Fat Flush I cut out sugars - and pretty much have no problem doing so after the first couple of days. But I LOVE sweet.

Katie and I had a squash in our garden yesterday. It was neat. It was like the squash fairy came and left it for us. It wasn't there the last time I looked - but yesterday - POOF - there it was... Fun!!!

No comments: