Monday, August 13, 2007

Starting again... again

Last week from Monday through Thursday I ate very well, but on Friday evening things broke down. Up until then I'd been able to eat ONE tiny treat when I was desperate, but on Friday I had pizza for dinner (planned -- it was my Stampin' Up night, and we always have pizza) but I ate two slices (because the first had pineapple and chicken and the chicken sounded good to me, but the sauce was sweet and the pineapple was too sweet so it didn't feel like I'd had pizza so I had to eat a pepperoni slice), and I came home and found myself terribly snacky, and I started eating and didn't manage to stop until I'd had several chocolates (pretty big, European ones). Then Saturday I plunged into the chips and salsa like there was no tomorrow, and then on Sunday it was chips with dinner, and on all three nights I had something alcoholic (only maybe not Saturday, I forget now), and no matter how you look at it it was a lot of calories all three days.

I exercised on Wednesday (rode my bike 11 miles) and on Sunday (we took a 4-mile hike, uphill to the falls with a toddler in my backpack the first two miles, downhill with a much lighter load the other two) but that was it for the week. This week I have three exercise appointments, though, so things should go a little better.

Today I'm starting fresh on the food thing, too. That is definitely where I see the quickest results -- I dropped back to 149 very rapidly last week (but I'm still there now). So far today I've had two servings of dairy and three of grains, and one of fruit, so I have room for a lot of veggies and protein. Which is good, because I'm hungry.

No comments: