Sunday, August 12, 2007

Now I'm cooking!

I went grocery shopping late last night and came up with a ton of foods that I can eat. I discovered - not rice flour pasta, I knew that existed, but - GIANT carries rice flour pasta. I bought some and made pesto today. I also made a big pot of Nyoyo with black beans in place of the corn, and a bunch of hummus. I intend to eat that with carrots, and garden grown tomatoes and green peppers.

I still haven't been weighing myself. I intend to tomorrow though, since I am starting the elimination diet then. I guess that means I should run to Caribou and get a last coffee for three weeks. Sigh. I bought some weird Indian caffeine free tea yesterday - called Roubiou - or something like that. It is supposed to have a vanilla flavor to it. We will see if it will do instead of coffee.

Actually - what I think I am going to miss most is dairy. I keep thinking that some of the foods would be good - with sour cream, or cheese. Funny - I didn't realize how much dairy I consumed until I began to plan a menu without it.

No comments: