Friday, August 03, 2007

Still going down

I was 223 this morning. I can't remember what it was yesterday - but I think it was just at the 225-226 range still. 'Splain to me how I can drop six pounds since Monday? Is my scale broken? I am not complaining - because - you know, That is what I WANT to do - drop weight - but I just don't trust it.

I ate two not perfect things yesterday - potato chips and four chocolate graham crackers. I have been on a graham cracker kick. As far as snack foods go that one isn't too bad. Way lower in fat and sugar than cookies and higher in fiber. The chocolate and cinnamon sugar are no worse than the regular kind (in fact, I think they are both lower in sugars - I think the fact that they are sprinkled with sugar fools us into thinking they are sweet, but the regular kind aren't - so they have to actually ADD sugar to the dough to make it TASTE sweet since there is no camouflaging sugar on them). The potato chips were a disappointment. I wasn't really in the mood for chips - but these were a limited edition flavor. I couldn't see WHAT the flavor was - just the limited edition part - but once they came out of the machine I discovered they were cheddar jalapeno - neither one of my favorite flavors. Oh well.

I didn't exercise again last night. I was getting ready for Pennsic. I also watched The Nativity Story. It was horrible. Well - maybe horrible is extreme, but it COULD have been good but it wasn't. Joseph was GREAT - but the chick who played Mary just wouldn't have been my first choice to be the mother of God. She seemed sullen and shallow. I would have chosen someone who had a more innate sense of goodness and joy. Or at least someone who came across as serene. She was none of those. She seemed like a brat. Harod was good - but again, kind of shallow. There was no subtlety to him. The wise men were supposed to be the comic relief - which was OK - they weren't made to be ridiculous, which was good. However, the whole movie - instead of inspiring me, or reinforcing my spirituality made me wonder how we managed to build a whole religion around the word of a chick who CLEARLY was covering her butt. Seriously - I, for the first time in my WHOLE life, wondered if Mary was just afraid to admit she had been fooling around. I am fairly sure that was NOT the intent of the movie. All of it was based in a bad casting decision - and a bad script - which probably consisted of about 20 minutes of dialogue. Watch it only if you want to marvel at how such a sweet, pretty story can be made into something horrible. I liked Elizabeth. She was one of the few good charaters.

No comments: