Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day four

OK - I have been wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, caffine free, sugar free, and I don't know what else free for three and a half days now. My stomach seems to be liking this - in that I have also been reflux free, and spastic colon free for most of this time too. I am not sure which it is that my body is glad to be rid of - but I a petrified that it is the gluten. That would TOTALLY suck having to give up most grains - but I guess I would learn to get used to it. Wheat wouldn't be quite as bad because I could probably still have oatmeal ot whatever.

I have to admit - I am tired of brown rice for breakfast. I don't know why I can't think of anything else to eat. I bought smoked salmon - but that needs cream cheese and a bagel to be eaten. Maybe I could make another rice dish with the salmon and maybe spring onions. I wonder if that would be any good for breakfast. My other issue is snacks. I haven't been snacking much - mostly because I have been eating late - but all I can think of, outside of fruits and vegetables, is nuts - and I can only eat so many unsalted cashews and almonds. Actually - I CAN eat them all night - but they aren't MEANT to be eaten in great quantities. Last night I did have 1 oz of my 73% cocoa organic dark chocolate. I couldn't find my paperwork to confirm if this was illeagal or not... The book I am reading now - Ultrametabolism - is very similar to what I am doing currently and it DOES allow this type of chocolate - but I suspect I am supposed to not be eating it - so I won't eat it tonight............maybe.

I also still have to exercise again. I was really impressed by how much I got done yesterday because I didn't read all day. I can't believe how much time I waste just reading. I got the kitchen cleaned, the bathroom cleaned, went to church, went to pick up my tents from Brian, weeded the front garden, watered and weeded the back garden, watched several episodes of Charmed, cooked, and took out the trash. That is about 17 more things than I normally get done... but no exercise.

No comments: