Monday, August 13, 2007

New Week - new Diet

OK - I weighed myself this morning - I was 225.4. That is EXACTLY 10 pounds up from my original weigh in of 9/6/05 - but it is my official starting weight for my elimination diet. I had a lot of fun this weekend cooking food I can eat - I just hope I don't get sick of it too quickly because it is all I get for the next 2-3 weeks. Lots of brown rice. Luckily I like brown rice - so I guess I will pretend that I am Asian for a little bit. They're all skinny - excepte the sumo wrestlers. Katie, Why were we imitationg sumo wrestlers? I remember walking up the hill at Pennsic doing the stomping thing... Hummmm. I am sure it made sense at the time.

Julie - I am addicted to your India blog! Update! Update!! I just started reading a book Laura gave me for my birthday. It is called Eat, Pray, Love. It is an autobiographical story of a woman's finding herself journey through Italy, India and Indonisia after her life fell apart a few years back. So far I am only at the life falling apart phase - but Laura said I should loan it to you. It is good so far! Laura can always be relied upon to come up with well written, meaningful books. I can usually come up with good story/trashy books.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Remind me tonight to pass along Holy Cow to you. Laura can read it first if she wants. I really enjoyed it, although I have to admit that if I had read it before going, I am not sure if it would mean the same thing to me. There was just so much about India that I could not have even imagined.