Thursday, August 09, 2007

And up again...

I didn't weigh myself on Tuesday since we were still at Pennsic - which means I also didn't weigh myself since Friday. Yesterday i was 227 - but I don't like that weight so I am not going to count a weigh-in for this week. This morning I was again 227. That isn't a big surprise because I hardly ate anything yesterday - and did no exercise, unless you count the trips up and down the basement stairs doing laundry and watering the garden.

So - food yesterday was left over Pringles from the drive home and whole wheat chicken (shrimp for Katie) quesadillas. That was it. No fruit at all - a couple of cherry tomatoes from the garden for veggies. I didn't drink enough water and I woke up way too early so I didn't get enough sleep. I did take a nap mid day and went to bed before 11 - which is unheard of for me. But that resulted in me waking up at 5:30 this morning - thus the early morning blog entry.

My back and calf muscles are sore again - which is odd, because they hardly bothered me at all when I was spending time walking on a slippery slope and sitting in camp chairs. I think I have decided that the back pain comes most often after I have been sitting a long time (like on the car drive) but least often if I am moving and changing positions a lot. The calf pain is just from walking on exceedingly uneven ground all weekend. It seems to be OK now.

It rained a lot at Pennsic this year. When Katie and I were packing up to leave we were getting probably the worst rain I have ever seen at Pennsic. I didn't have my camera - but was wishing I did, because the river running down the hill was incredible! We managed to take our group picture just before it started raining. Katie and I ran up the hill in a lull to buy a mug for Charles from a lovely British couple. While we were standing under their awing waiting for a second lull they offered us tea. We said no simply because we were running out of time. Sunday night was the night of the Circle Box party - which normally involves fire juggling. That didn't happen. We picked our way down the hill briefly but it was so wet and muddy that we gave up and went back home. Sunday day Katie and I went to two classes - and made a basket and some cute toys. At some point we did a brief shopping trip up to the old merchant area - but it was so steamy hot that we didn't stay long. I bought a piece of linen and Katie bought some tea. That was actually Monday now that I think about it... the day it didn't rain. Saturday night we went to Your Inner Vagabond for Turkish coffee and weird desserts. I was the only one who actually GOT the coffee - Oh - Katie did too, hers was iced. Everyone else got Sharbet - sorbet... You could do your own flavor blends and they had herb flavors as well as fruit - so you could get Blood Orange and Sandelwood or Pomegranate and Violet - or whatever. They were very yummy. It was fun.

And now we are back home... My next vacation will be in January to February - when I go to Folk School to learn to play the banjo. They do airport pickups from Atlanta - so I need to see if I can get a cheap flight then - otherwise I will just drive. It is 10 hours... and Emily's house is dead center. Kind of cool.

No comments: