Thursday, August 30, 2007

Is there anybody OUT there?

Just nod if you can hear me... Is there anyone at all? (Pink Floyd if anyone is wondering...)

I have a new favorite fish - Arctic Charr. It is like salmon - but only the best things about salmon - the pretty pink color, the thickness, and the flavor - but only the mildest of the salmon flavor - so it isn't like when you eat salmon and think, ick - that's some fishy fish. It is so mild - VERY yummy! The texture is more like tilapia - flaky and very moist.

Now that Katie is back to work we will start packing lunches together. I am excited about this. It is SO much easier to plan healthy meals when it is with someone else. But today Katie was stuck with my elimination foods! Well - not entirely, she had left over steak and crab cake from Bonefish last night...

Today I am testing egg yokes. You have to test eggs in two parts - yokes one day and whites the next. I had absolutely no reaction to the yokes. This is good because I really like egg as a source of protein. Tomorrow I will do whites. I will probably do nothing on Saturday (or maybe cheese) since it is the crop. Then on Sunday I will test gluten (barley) and wheat on Monday. That will give me a couple of days to recover if I DO react. Milk on Tuesday and citrus on Wednesday - and I think that is it. All the tests. I am counting the soy test on Monday as a no reaction since it didn't make me any WORSE - it was probably fine.

No comments: