Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nothing...

I feel compelled to write an entry just because I haven't since Tuesday - but I have nothing to report. I am still not weighing myself - and in spite of my semi-positive weigh-in day on Tuesday I am already worrying about the next one. I feel bloated - but that could be because of the normal monthly weight gain thing.

I made more breakfast rice yesterday. This was with smoked salmon and a little bit of cumin. It was WAY too salty inintially - so I made another batch and mixed the two together. That should do the trick. I am getting a little tired of rice - but not disgustingly so. I like rice - especially brown rice - so this is WAY better than the carb free diet. I miss eggs though. I don't know why - it isn't like I eat a LOT of eggs. I think maybe I am not getting enough protein - but that can't be. I have beans and rice almost daily - and some kind of meat for dinner. That should be plenty for anyone! Maybe it is just the softer proteins; cheese, milk, eggs, etc. that I am needing

I bought some rice flour and gluten free baking mix at Wegmans - but all of the receipes I have come across call for eggs or milk (I can't quite get into the soy milk concept and that is forbidden anyway) so I haven't actually made anything. I could get rice milk - that is allowed. So if I make biscuits with rice milk and rice flour - will they turn out just to be big rice blobs? I want pancakes. I have been craving them since before the diet. Katie and I went to IHOP shortly before I started it - but it didn't nip the craving. Or maybe because they were so yummy I still want them. I don't know.

I am in the mood to make applesauce - and it IS about that time of the year. I will have to find out if Mom and Dad are getting Jonnagolds this year. They are my favorites for applesauce.

No comments: