Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yay weight loss!!

I get my choice of weights this morning, either 144.6 when I first woke up (from 2:30 - 4:30 with Connor) or 143.8 when I woke up again at my usual time. I guess the lower weight is more official, but I kind of like the higher weight because it gives me more leeway for weight loss for NEXT week since I know I can't keep up this pace of weight loss for very long. Two pounds in a week is more than respectable--three pounds seems like showing off.

My knee has been giving me fits the past several days--I guess that's what I get for commenting about Mom's bad knee! It started Thursday with a bit of twinging (for no apparent reason--I hadn't done anything to it all day), was still painful when I headed out for a run on Friday. I was prepared to stop and come back if it kept hurting, but after about a half a mile it wasn't bothering me anymore and I had a really good run. But that evening it came back with a vengeance--really painful and sore and making me limp. It's been on and off ever since, so I'm taking ibuprofen as needed and avoiding running. I biked on Saturday (just to the park and back with Claire, so only nine very slow miles), walked the dog on Sunday, and stayed in the gym on the stationary bike (yuck) and a short walk on the treadmill yesterday. It kills me to work out inside when it's so gorgeous outside! I need to bring my bike to work and get out on the road if I can't run.

Food has been good, with some major lapses on Sunday--church picnic and Catonsville Arts Festival. I ate in moderation at both, but still came out a couple hundred calories over my goal for the day.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yay, you! I love the first week of weight loss, too. Way to go!

Where is your knee hurting? Above the kneecap or off to the side or something else? Just curious. I hate being stuck doing gym work, too, and that's what's going on with me as well.

Amy said...

That is where my knees hurt... On the topside of the kneecaps. It is a sharp pain that doesn't usually last, and comes and goes. There are times when it hurts so consistently that i start to dread going up and down stairs and kneeling. What is weird about it is that it is only on the initial part of a knee bend... Once i get it bent past the point of pain it is fine.

I gained Sarah's 2 to 3 pounds this week. Sigh.

Sarah said...

Outer side of the knee, towards the back, but it spreads to the whole knee if I try to run.