Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Happy Anniversary

We've been hanging around here for five years! I always think of the day after Labor Day as our anniversary, even though it isn't exact. In honor of our anniversary, I've started counting calories yet again -- actually, I started on Sunday (not a good day to start -- food is always out of whack on Sundays) because my weight crept up to a number that I didn't want to see. It wasn't bad yet, but I'm trying to get myself into the habit of acting immediately when my weight gets away from the numbers I've been seeing, rather than thinking it's only a half-pound deviation and probably just a scale glitch (which may still be true this time). If I let the number slide, then a few days later I'm already used to that number and making excuses for the next half-pound glitch, and suddenly I've gained five or ten pounds back. And since, this time, I hadn't first gotten DOWN to the numbers I wanted to see to begin with, it was even a little easier to motivate myself. The first day I overshot, but only by a bit (and I didn't realize it until I checked my calories after dinner -- I was going to let myself have dessert and another small glass of wine, which goes to show you I can NOT just estimate my calories even though I've been at this for five years), and yesterday I stayed on target.

My weight today was 141.0, which is as low as it has been all summer, but Sunday it was 143, which was higher than it had been in several weeks. I'd really like to get it down to the 130s before I lose steam again, and then have 140 be my time-to-count number.

I'm still sore from Saturday but slowly recovering. I used the bike at the gym yesterday and have two more gym appointments this week, so I'll keep exercising but try to keep weight off my knees. I hate injuries!

No comments: