Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Headed the wrong direction

I completely stopped dieting on Daniel's birthday -- a week after I started -- and I haven't gotten back to it. BOOOOO!!! So my weight was 144.0 today. Today is a bad day for me -- my weight is up, my leg is achy (but we're going to the pool tonight -- blessed weightlessness and hot tub massage jets for my knee), and Daniel just left on a trip that will keep him away all week (he'll be back for about 20 seconds between trips on Thursday evening, but effectively he's gone until Sunday night) which always leaves me feeling moody and vaguely anxious and therefore wanting to eat, eat, eat. And there's candy corn in the stores. I bought some and it's great (they went back to the Brach's brand this year -- Kroger had a store brand last year that cost just as much and tasted gross and left my tongue fuchsia) but it doesn't seem to offer the same endorphin kick as chocolate. Oh, well.

I need to kick-start my diet!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Noooooo! Don't tell me you bought candy corn--I've been dying for some (really the Autumn Mix with the little pumpkins AND the candy corn) and now that I know YOU bought some, I know my will power will take a nose dive (if Emily can have it why can't I?). I just need to stay the hell away from any place that's selling it. I had to carefully talk myself through the aisles at Target today--needed shampoo, wanted candy corn. I was walking around saying "You don't need it. You'll regret it and hate yourself if you buy any. Get to 140 pounds before Halloween and THEN you can have candy corn." So now it's my 140 pound reward. If I make it that far.

Emily said...

OK, I won't buy any more candy corn until I'm under 140 again, too! Sorry to be the cause of such temptation!!