Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I would walk 500 mile and I would walk 500 more

If I would only get started! So far my plan to walk 500 miles in a year has going exactly no where! Well, I have done the math on how much I would have to walk each day to hit 500 miles in a year (1.37 miles per day - or 2.5 miles per day four days a week, for example). I planned last night when I went to bed that I would get up this morning and walk, but, oddly, I slept straight through until 6:27 this morning. Of course, straight through doesn't mean a lot when you don't go to bed until 12:30am. Today I am buying an alarm clock to put in my living room to go off at 10:15pm so I will GO TO BED at a reasonable time. Katie said there was yet another report on the radio that connects obesity to lack of sleep. I consistantly get 5:14 minutes of sleep each night. That isn't enough and it is MY OWN DARN FAULT!!!

So - btw - it is once again our anniversary. My weight today was 248 even. Up two pounds from last week - but last week I had just purged. I need to check to see what my weight increase has been since the beginning. Actually, I know. We started with me at 215.4. So I have gained 32.60 pounds. If anyone else wants their starting weights, I have them all. I feel fairly sure that what I have gained has been lost by Emily and Sarah...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The journey of 500 miles begins with a single step, too. Go take a 20 minute break and walk a mile outside.