Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What I tried to post yesterday

Yesterday my internet connection at work was wonky--everything slow to load (glacially slow) and when I tried to post here not only didn't it post, but it didn't even save the draft. Turns out my computer had been hit with some virus that didn't become apparent until I tried to restart it this morning and it was, for all intents and purposes, dead. Mr. Friendly IT Guy came and made it all better (took all morning) and I, fortunately, saved a draft of the post on my hard drive. So here's YESTERDAY'S post:

The last three days don't count:

That's what I'm telling myself.

After doing so well with my diet all week, it all went to heck on Friday, then continued through the weekend. I have no will power. Friday was a luncheon at work where it was essentially impossible to eat low calorie--my options were meat lasagna, veggie lasagna, or stuffed shells and garlic bread. OK, I probably could have skipped the brownie for dessert but that was the best part of the meal!

On Saturday we went to Williamsburg and again I overate--a candy bar in the morning (Claire has discovered that there's a type of Milky Way that is safe for her to eat, so she bought one for each of us on Saturday morning), a big sandwich, gingerbread, and ginger beer for lunch, tacos for dinner, and a milkshake on the way home.

Sunday wasn't quite so bad, but Brian brought leftover doughnuts home after cleaning up the church and I caved in and ate one.

See, it doesn't take much to kill a diet when you're counting calories! Amazingly, once you add in exercise, my Daily Plate chart says that I didn't go overboard any one of those days since I went to the gym Friday, walked quite a bit on Saturday, and went for a 20 mile bike ride on Sunday. But the scale says otherwise--my weight hasn't budged in the last week at all. For me to really lose weight, I have to consistenly UNDEReat according to these charts. Or rather, I can't factor exercise into the mix--if I eat no more than 1300 calories a day AND exercise four days a week, then I'll lose weight. I can't eat 1600 calories on the days I exercise.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have found the same thing -- I have to eat 1200-1300 calories a day AND exercise to lose weight. I can't go by "net" calories.