Tuesday, September 14, 2010

knees

Do you think we could get a group rate on knee surgery?

I haven't been able to walk since Friday. Saturday it was wet, so we stayed home. We went to afternoon mass on Saturday and when I stood up from the kneeler to go to Communion I had such a painful twinge in my right knee that I had to sit down suddenly. I did manage to get to Communion--luckily we sit in the front row so Dad can hear. But I have been getting these knee twinges even more frequently. We went to our first two OLLI classes this morning and after one and a quarter hours of sitting, it really hurt to go up the stairs to the bathroom. (There is one downstairs but the line was out the dooor.) I struggled down the stairs again and I had to let a patient man go by me on the landing. After the second class I felt worse so I hobbled out to the car. I also hobbled to the voting booth, but I did get the job done. I have been sitting much of the afternoon, but I have to go clean up the kitchen now. Wish me luck.

No comments: