Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Binge and Purge

Did no one report in today? Well, I am pleased to report I lost four pounds since last week - five since yesterday... or something like that. This was really needed considering I ate fast food THREE TIMES over the weekend; breakfast and dinner from drive through and then pizza on Saturday into Sunday. I did NOT go to IHOP on Sunday morning, even though Katie met Charles and Lex there.

Monday I did a clear liquid diet. This was doctor ordered in preparation of the colonoscopy I had today. I could do a clear liquid diet once in a while. It didn't bother me really. I had fruit juice, jello, garlic soup broth (although, not much of that because I was worried it wasn't actually clear enough) iced tea and a cup of coffee with just sugar (yuck, but not so bad poured over ice...). If I were to do a clear liquid diet on a semi-regular basis I would probably allow soft boiled eggs - or possibly egg drop soup - just for the protein.

Then beginning at 4:30pm last night I drank a gallon (really though, I only managed to get down about three liters) of bleach. Think gatorade without the flavor... just the salty sweat taste. Ick! Anyway, that served to liquify and purge anything in me. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in what I produced. I heard stories of how much stuff actually comes out of your body... but really, I have done much more impressive purges all on my own. The only thing that is bugging me about it is IT IS STILL GOING ON! Everything is still being liquified. Grrrr. I wonder how long this will last, because, I am running out of toilet paper!

But I did lose four pounds. 8-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOL! We were posting at the same time on the same initial theme. It just took me 25 minutes to finish.

I am impressed by your diet, but I think I will stick with my own, slow method instead! Eeeewwww!