Sunday, August 01, 2010

Happy Sisters' Day!

Mary informs me that today is Sisters' Day, so happy day to all of you, even my non-blood sisters.

I went for a run today and cruised through six miles in under an hour (6.1 in 59:29, to be specific). I am LOVING the cooler weather. I know it's not going to last -- it will be back up in the upper 80s this week, but at least that's not upper 90s. But in another month this will be more common so I hope I have lots more good medium-length runs over the remainder of my training. My injuries continue to move around; my arches are mostly happy now (no more blister troubles, but I'm back to the occasional aches that caused me to use the supports that gave me the blisters to begin with) but my left knee is twinging a lot (hmm, my spell-checker doesn't like "twinging"), which suggests I need to be doing more gym workouts on the non-running days to keep it in alignment.

I'm also slowly and steadily losing weight. I find it very curious that when I'm not on a diet it feels impossible to get going, but once I get going I can't figure out why this was so difficult to begin with. My weight chart is so funny to look at -- a long downhill to start, with only tiny plateaus. Then a slow uphill in curved spurts -- I gain a little, lose less, gain some more, lose even less. Then occasionally it reverses. It almost never stays more or less steady. I did spend about 6 months in the low- to mid-140s two years ago, but even that had some dips and spikes. Daniel points out that it looks a lot like the stock market:


Who knew I was so personally attached to Google?


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's uncanny.

So what you're saying is we need the stock market to tank again so that we can lose weight? Or is it that we can expect stocks to tank once we get good at losing weight again?

Emily said...

Well, they say Google isn't doing as well as it used to be since Facebook took over the #1 spot online. So I think this just means that if we want to lose weight, we need to spend more time on Facebook!

Amy said...

That is bizarre!!!