Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sitting on my ass report

I am doing really well. I think I have beat my personal best - but it is so hard to quantify it...

My weight was up again this week - but by less than a pound - .8 to be exact. I am surprised it wasn't more. Katie and I went to IHOP after Iron Girl on Sunday and then yesterday Suzanne and I got greasy fat pizza for lunch (and I had leftovers for dinner). It is still sitting like a lump in my belly. Katie is back to school effective today - but they had breakfast for the teachers, so I had a muffin and coffee from Caribou. I intend to have a salad for lunch in the hopes that the lettuce will push the remaining pizza out of the way!!

Speaking of - I have an appointment with the GI doctor tomorrow. I think that is who my appointment is with... I am mildly nervous about this. I don't like the idea of how they gather information. UGH.

I have my heater running here at work today. This isn't entirely unusual. I often have to run it during the summers because of the cold AC - but today feels colder than normal - I think it is the damp air.

So - Katie and I are doing another knitting challenge... I can't remember if I mentioned this one also... We are doing the SKA (Sock Knitters Annon) challenge. That is knitting a pair of socks a month. Each month there is a different specific technique or desinger that everyone works from and whoever finishes their socks and posts the results by the end of two months (you have two months to finish - but you have to cast on by the end of month one, so if you take the full two months you will end up overlapping - so it is best to finish in one month) is eligible for prizes. The new year starts in September. The challenge for that is Black and/or White. Not grey. Katie thinks she wants to do the Mystery Sock (which is also an option every other month) but I think I want to do a fair isle pattern. Part of this challenge is to help us all de-stash, however, neither Katie nor I have ANY black or white (or black and white) yarn. I just ordered some. So much for destashing!!!!

No comments: