Friday, August 20, 2010

Just an update

I've been back swimming a few times for my new undertaking. Tonight I need to get some goggles that fit properly. I have a tough time with my breathing; I honestly think it is the years I spent playing brass instruments where you breathe in through your nose and out your mouth. I just can't suck enough air in through my nose when I am swimming, and then I feel suffocated. I am working on it though.

We spent some time at the beach this past weekend and I think walking in the sand has significantly helped my plantar fasciitis. I can hardly believe it, but my right foot is still pain free and my left only has a little bit of pain left in the heel. Looks like I need to find some nearby sand... I am afraid to test running though; I don't want to make them hurt again. These last two years have been so miserable.

This weekend i s a busy one, but I hope to swim Saturday and Sunday.

Good luck Sunday, Sarah!!!! I'll be rooting for you.

No comments: