Tuesday, August 17, 2010

146.4

Well, there's a surprise. Not. Actually I'm pretty pleased that my weight is staying so solidly where it has been for months--it means, at least, that I'm burning off what I'm taking in consistently, and considering that I've been eating junk like it's going out of style (which I'm told it is. Did you all see that white bread sales have been consistently slipping and were finally surpassed by whole wheat sales?) I'm glad that my weight is steady.

So the race is this Sunday and I'm just not into it. Not even sure I'll make it through reasonably. My last several workouts have been crap, and my heart rate is running 20 points higher than normal while resting. I can't run anymore--I have to walk no matter what the weather or terrain or distance. Yesterday I did a short, easy taper-week run and I couldn't even make it through that without walking portions of it (although, to be fair, my speed was pretty good for all that--9:39 per mile). Oh, and my bicycle computer chose this week to break so I have NO IDEA what my speeds are on that. I'm thinking of doing the whole race without even a watch or a HRM (and last year my monitor didn't work--too much interference from other monitors).

I was supposed to get out for a ride today and didn't. Tomorrow is supposed to be my last light workout before the race--another two mile run, but if I do it at all I'll have to get up early and apparently go out in a deluge. Yuck. I just want this to be over so I can get on with eating Cheeze Doodles and staring into space for a while!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Screw the final workouts. You've built up the conditioning and you had a great time at the not-very-dry run a few weeks ago, so you'll be fine. Eat well, sleep as well as you're allowed to, pray, and go out and have fun at the race. Good luck! Wish I could be there!